OTHER PAGES ON THE LEAFLET

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

SOCIAL WORK CONFERENCE JUNE 22

Social Work and Spirituality Report
June 22

Hi everyone,
I made it into DC with very little trouble (praise be to GoogleMaps). The drive was verrry long. I was 5 hours to Syracuse on Tuesday evening. Stayed in a very nice Comfort Inn. Wednesday I was on the road from 10.00 to 8.00, with a couple of meals en route. The drive was actually rather pretty. I didn’t realize the hiway went through all these gorgeous mountain in Pennsylvania and Maryland. I was reminded of the hunting trip scenes from the Deer Hunter.
Checked into Opus House, a large dorm at the Catholic University of the Americas, where the conference is located. Its right in the middle of the city, but I’m not familiar enough to know exactly where.
The only real downside is the heat. It was 90 in Washington all day and likely to be hotter tomorrow. Everything is indoors withA/C but it makes going out undesirable.
Have to be up early, as I committed to hold morning meditations at 7.00 am each day. Hope I can get up early without dogs to rouse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment