We did several structured practices:
- a four viharas reflection
- a contemplation on the Four Foundations
- a walking recitation
On the Saturday evening we watched a captivating documentary on the kaihogyo practice of an extraordinary Tendai priest who did that legendary walk of 26 miles, daily for nearly 10 years. I have seen it before but found it no less astounding what dedication an ordinary person can cultivate.
Deep bows to
- Judy B, Jiho and Liz for their companionship and efforts
- Monshin for his leadership
- Shumon for taking such good care of us
- Gyo-sho, the temple assistant for his tireless support. I was especially taken with his drumming during the Heart Sutra.
om namo amida butsu